We needed more storage in our baby boy's room, but had to be creative where to put it. Right under the crib became the perfect place for something, just had to figure out what to use. I looked at different bins to purchase, but they all seemed a bit much, especially when buying multiple ones. I figured I could surely make something less expensive, and I that's just what I did.
Started with three $1 buckets from the Dollar Tree
Spray painted them--you have to do multiple coats to get it just right. There is a spray paint for plastic, which I tried, I just didn't love the color (there's not much selection). I ended up using my favorite green--Valspar New Avocado.
Add some fabric--found mine at Walmart.
I started by gluing the outer brim of the bucket with the fabric, then worked my way in. It took a lot of glue & cutting to get it to look pretty good. I cut a circle piece for the center of the bucket, then glued it down. It helped to make everything look smooth & more complete.
Sorry I don't have a better explanation for how I did it. And I'm sure there is probably a better way of getting the fabric in there. This worked for me though. :)
Lastly, added the vinyl numbers to each bucket, because I just love labeling things. :)
I am really happy with how these little inexpensive buckets turned out!